GEARED FOR A SUCCESSFUL 2019
We’ve taken a quick look back at 2018 and thought we’d share some facts and figures from what was a 12-month long season of action for the Bluewater Brand in line with our ‘clean water for everyone’ mission. And, providing a solid platform for our onwards march to provide the world’s best premium water purification solutions for homes, business and public dispensing, alternatives to single-use plastic, and raising awareness on the critical water issues of our time!
● 2018 saw Bluewater launch ingenious water purification public hydration stations able to generate pure drinking water onsite even from water considered unfit for human consumption
● These hydration stations were deployed both to key water crisis areas across the world, notably in Flint, Michigan and Cape Town, South Africa
● Bluewater’s public hydration stations sustainably provided an estimated 27 million gallons of clean water, preventing the equivalent of over 800,000 standard-size plastic bottles from entering landfills and oceans
● Bluewater distributed clean water in six continents, Africa, Asia, Europe, North America, Oceania, and South America, in countries ranging from Australia, Brazil and China to Britain, The Netherlands, South Africa, Sweden, and the United States
● Bluewater made strategic investments in four water companies also on a mission to provide consumers access to clean water while battling single-use plastic bottles: I-Drop Water in South Africa, TAPP in Spain and US-based Microlyze (now Spout) and FloWater (watch a recent TV interview with Flowater’s CEO here)
● The Bluewater clean drinking water movement forged impactful partnerships to further its global impact. Key partners include the United Nations, Volvo Ocean Race, Friends of the Chicago River, 11th Hour Racing, and Imagine H20. In partnership with Imagine H20, three water technology startup companies–Microlyze (Denver, CO), Drinkwell (Dhaka, Bangladesh) and SmartTerra (Bengaluru, India), received a sum of $1 million to spur green innovation and continue the clean drinking water movement.
● Our company branding activities attracted massive online publicity encompassing almost 170 pieces of coverage with a total ‘readership’ of 1.7 billion… and we saw over 29 thousand social shares of our information.